Thursday, September 18, 2008

Twitter at the Ceremony

I will admit that I want to have someone as the designated Twitter'er at the wedding. (Or is that tweeter?) For those who do not know, Twitter is a social text messaging/micro blogging service. Living in Silicon Valley, of course I am a big twitter user. I have a bunch of friends who I keep in contact mostly through twitter now a days. I know that lots of people do not use twitter and many do not even know what it is. There is a good video that explains Twitter in plain English.

I think it would be cool to set up an account just for the wedding. We would have one of our Twitter using friends at the wedding tweeting to that account. This way we could have a play by play of what happened at the ceremony in 140 character chunks. I think it would be a cool thing to have to look back on. It is a 21st century addition to the wedding album.

To say the list Kate does not like this idea. She thinks it is tacky and classless. She does not see it as something fun that we could do. I am hoping that other people can help me convince her that it would be a fun thing to do.

1 comment:

Kate said...

While I did not use the words "tacky" or "classless" I can see where those would be appropriate adjectives.

Gotcha! =)